Hey y'all! I have another post up at Scribble Chicks today--check it out! =)
Also, I wanted to jump on here and say that I've been learning a ton lately. Because this is one of those times I'm pretty sure I would completely ramble if I tried to explain them all in detail, I'll go for a list and maybe explain more later.
Besides, I have a french press full of coffee next to me that says I'm actually supposed to be working on my next novel, NOT blogging. But the blog called to me. So what can you do?
Things I'm Learning:
1. If you want friends, you have to be one. That takes effort. Especially if you're an introvert. (Have you seen all the introvert comics going around facebook? yeah...)
2. If you take the time to invest in people and really listen to them and care about them, they like that and will be your friend. Yes. This is lots like number 1. I'm learning this a lot.
3. It really IS true that we all have 24 hours and choose what to do with them. My house isn't as clean as I'd like, BUT it's cleaner consistently than it has been since forever and that's because I finally decided it matters to me. You have time. Make sure you're doing what matters to you in that time.
4. Style is personal. And you can just get a FEELING something is awesome and it will be stylish because you like it. Trust what you love. I bought some amazing-beyond-all-reason boots yesterday. The kind where I'm planning my outfit for the next time I go out around what I can wear with those boots.
5. Time with God doesn't have to be long for it to be meaningful. Talk to Him as you, as you live life. And spend time reading your Bible too, or long amounts of time praying alone if you can and want to. But don't set time limits.
There are more. Look for part 2 sometime this weekend. As for now, I really have to go back to my work in progress or my coffee (aka 'writing juice') will get cold. I'm not sure if there's possible symbolism there or not, but who wants to take that chance?
If you want more, remember to check out the other blog post for today!
Hi Sarah Just nominated you for a Liebster:
ReplyDeletehttp://caroltyner.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-liebster-nominations-part-three.html