Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Stuff on my Mind

I've been working on a lot in my mind lately. Actual that statement is truer than I realized. Even as I was typing it I'm thinking to myself that I HAVE been working on a lot in my mind. Stories that I want to submit. How I should best be potty training my two year old. Whether I should watch Gilmore Girls during naptime or do laundry.

Important stuff.

But not as important as what else I've had on my mind lately.

Here's my question. How does your faith change your life? (Actually, let me have a couple more questions) To what degree is there separation between what's 'spiritual' and what isn't?

I've been trying to make my whole life more...whole. Not separating vacuuming and prayer time. Turns out they go very well together.

But especially in my friendships, I'm not sure where the line is. Are we supposed to have friends that we talk about our relationships with God with and friends that we don't, ever? I don't think so. I think we're supposed to talk about things like that will all of our friends.

Here's my next question. How do you make that natural? I know our conversations are an overflow of our hearts, so deepening our own relationships with Christ is first. But if you have a friend you haven't had these talks with and you want to, how do you go about doing that?

Maybe you're asking these questions too. I wish I could answer them for you and help you. Instead I'll just keep working through this in my mind. Feel free to chime in with help. I'll let you know if I figure it out.

Thanks for listening.

PS. Exciting blog news coming Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment