Friday, February 4, 2011

Is it Spring Yet?

Don't get me wrong. I love winter. I do. I'm pretty sure it's my favorite season, but then again, I think that about most seasons. My sister and I finally came to the conclusion that maybe it's just the changing of the seasons that we like, and I think she's right. This is a little strange for me, since I'm not always the hugest fan of change, but there you go.

But the thing is, to get back to my point, I love winter because I love snow. And I live in a part of the country at the moment that doesn't get a whole lot of snow, if any. Which mans that at this point in the year winter is just a gray haze keeping me from spring and it's accompanying beach and hiking trips. So I'm pretty much ready. Is it here yet?

I heard that according to our famous groundhog, it won't be long. We'll see how that goes.

In other news, I read the most AMAZING book last weekend. Well, one of the most amazing anyway. Ronie Kendig is a new addition to my top list of favorite writers. Her book Digitalis, which is the one I read last weekend, definitely will hook you and refuse to let you go. Incredible story, character, and writing. I'm planning to tell you even more about why you for sure need to buy this book probably next week sometime. Monday or Tuesday-ish.

So even though it's not spring, I need to do some cleaning. We'll call it late winter cleaning, which is fine since spring cleaning is so cliche anyway, and as I writer, I'm supposed to be learning to avoid cliches, right? We're moving here in a couple weeks (not far, just to another nearby town) and right now I've packed...Uh...Well...I did buy some storage boxes? So that's on my list of goals for the weekend. Pack something. Or throw away some junk that I have no intention of packing/moving. Wish me luck.

How about you? Goals for this weekend? Thoughts on why February is not definitively winter or spring but just an in-between month?

1 comment: