Wasn't it Roosevelt who said "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself"?
Yeah, you know what?
He lied.
I realized that tonight, or probably more accurately, God showed me tonight that. It. Is. A. Lie.
Why would we fear fear? God says in the Bible that "perfect love casts out fear" and I don't see any specifications there that tells us fearing anything (even fear) is okay.
I get it, probably this was just a nice sounding line for a speech and I'm reading too much into it. But it's been quoted so many times I feel like it's stuck in my brain and maybe it's stuck in yours too.
But God doesn't want us to fear. Perfect love, HIS perfect love "casts out fear."
All of it. Whatever you're afraid of.
Including fear itself.
Very good! It's important to evaluate everything in the light of Scripture, not what men say. :)
ReplyDelete