Okay, so I totally figured out what was causing my lack of desire to blog. Are you ready? It's my learning style.
I'm a kinesthetic learner. I learn by doing and my environment really affects me. Back in the old days (haha, a few years ago...) when I was teaching, I had to have my classroom set up and decorated before I could even think about lesson plans. Backwards? Maybe to some people. But to me, it made sense.
Enter this blog.
And technology.
Ahhhh, technology.
I'm a relatively creative person. I mean, I'm a writer, okay? Isn't creativity pretty much required? But I've never been good at designing blogs or making them pretty. My Xanga (haha, remember THOSE?) colors never matched as well as anyone elses. Sure, I've thought about overhauling this blog. I even tried once, to make it reflect my personality better. Or what I was writing. Or something.
And I didn't like it. It looked like someone who doesn't get how to make a blog was doing it. (The shock.)
So tonight on a writer's group I'm part of on facebook, someone else had posted a lot of questions and comments about how to make her blog better. And what can I say? I got inspired.
So here it is, my new(est) blog layout. What do you think?
Sadly, that's all the insight I have for tonight. I have some kind of serious thoughts brewing on a bunch of faith/life related issues. Community. Discipleship. Rest.
Deep stuff. Too deep for almost midnight, so stay tuned, okay?
Gorgeous blog, Sarah! I'm jealous. LOL.
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the sweet compliment! :)