Anytime I’m
in the mood for a romance, Denise Hunter is one of my first picks. Her
characters always have unbelievable chemistry between them, as well as
believable obstacles keeping them apart, and The Trouble with Cowboys, the third in the Big Sky Romance series,
is no exception. The book follows Annie Wilkerson and Dylan Taylor, both of
whom readers of either of the first two books in the series will recognize.
Annie has a problem—to attract more readers, she needs to change the column she
writes for extra money into an advice column for lovelorn readers. The only
problem is that she knows nothing about love or romance. Dylan needs help with
his ailing horse and Annie is the best horse trainer there is so they decide
that Annie will help him with his horse in exchange for help with her column.
Dylan is
attracted to Annie but she rebuffs him at every turn. Though she hates to admit
it, she’s attracted to him as well, but a cowboy is the last kind of man she’d
willingly fall in love with. Dylan works throughout the story to prove to her
that her assumptions about all cowboys aren’t necessarily true and acts
gallantly in several situations where a lesser man might have done otherwise.
I enjoyed
the pacing of this book and the fact that Hunter is such a master at getting
the characters close and on the brink of love and then pulling them back again
with some obstacle. I had already read the second book in this series, but I
haven’t read the first and I’m planning to go out and buy that one whenever I
get the chance. Denise Hunter has proven at this point that she’s capable of
writing excellent romance after excellent romance, and she’s becoming one of those
authors whose next book I’ll anticipate and probably buy soon after it
releases.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for review purposes. I was not required to write a positive review.
Disclosure: I was given a copy of this book by the publisher for review purposes. I was not required to write a positive review.
No comments:
Post a Comment