This week I'm strongly suggesting that you check out Jenny B. Jones' Just Between You and Me. There are two main reasons for this:
1. You'll love it.
2. Her new book comes out in February, and I want you to have this one read before you tackle the new one. It's called Save the Date and there's a pretty good chance I'll review that one in a few weeks here...
Okay. Back to THIS week's book.
So far I haven't read anything by Jenny B. Jones that I haven't loved. Just Between You and Me is a little different from the YA books she's so well known for writing, but her fun voice remains the same. I love her sense of humor and the way it finds its way into her novels. Just Between You and Me has the perfect blend of funny, deep, and romantic.
Maggie Montgomery is a very likable heroine. She's one of those adventurous women most of us wish we could be, but she has one paralyzing fear deep inside of her. When she has to leave her high action job to go home and help care for her niece, she has to face this fear head on, along with something almost as scary--the possibility of falling in love.
If you're looking for a book that you'd love the second time around as much as the first, I can pretty much guarantee that this one would be a good choice. It's definitely on my "To Be Read AGAIN list".
No comments:
Post a Comment