Last year I was SO ready for the new year. Not to hate on 2009, but it was kind of a rough year for me and my family. I had a new job (a job I love, but still a transition, you know?), but within weeks of starting it my grandmother and my great uncle (who was really more like a granddad) both died. Then on Christmas Day, the dog I'd had since I was...eleven, I think...died. It was just not my favorite year. I was ready for 2010. Really, really ready.
But 2010 has been good to me. Like I said earlier, I have an awesome job that I love. My family has been healthy overall this year, which I'm so thankful for. And in June, my son was born, which was definitely one of the highlights not just of this year, but of my life. 2010 hurried by, at least for me. I'm not quite sure I'm ready to see it go. See, I'm not good with change. And while the date is kind of a minor change in the grand scheme of things, it's still change.
What I do love about the prospect of 2011 is that it's a new start. It's a chance to make goals. It's a chance to look at life and think of little things you'd like to do differently. My family and I are building a house that we're planning to move into in 2011. My extended family is planning to go to Alaska in 2011, and if you read my post the other day, you know how excited that makes me. I know this year is going to be amazing. And I'm excited to see what God has in store. He's done so many amazing things in my life this year, so I just need to trust Him with this next year too.
In the meantime, I haven't forgotten my promised list of things-that-aren't-resolutions-but-look-suspiciously-like-them. Look for that...probably January 2nd. I have to let all the New Year-ness sink in, you know?
Again, Happy New Year! And for those of you not on East Coast time, Happy New Year whenever the date switches from 2010 to 2011 for you. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment