Sunday, December 21, 2014

Ahh! Y'all, Coolest Concept Ever...

This. This book.



I can't even. Can you read the subtitle there? Novel Interiors...Living in Enchanted Rooms Inspired by Literature.

This is not your typical decorating idea book. It's also not your typical fun-literature-quotes book. But it's both and more and it's just the thing for propping up on your knees and reading on a rainy Sunday afternoon. The concept is that the books we love (especially classics) have such an inhabitable story world, and the decorating styles of the houses in these novels is very specific. I hadn't thought about that, so at the beginning I was curious about how much there would be to use as inspiration here, but authors talk so much more about decor and furniture than I realized!

The author divided the book into sections--the cozy house, the glamourous house, things like that, but with cuter names and with literary groupings. For example, F. Scott Fitzgerald falls in the glamourous category, so quotes from his books are alongside gorgeous pictures of modern interiors and sleek counters, etc. Jane Austen's books are in the cozy category and quotes from her books are there next to kitchens that are decorated with love and little bits of decorative clutter, and there are more than just these two categories. I found myself loving design ideas (and book quotes!) from almost all of them, but the styles are so varied it's safe to say if you like design or books, there's something here you will absolutely love.

I think I found my new favorite hardback coffee-table-style book...

1 comment: