Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Happy May 1st!

So my family members and I have a habit of texting or calling each other every time it's a new month and being the first to say "Happy (Whatever-month-it-is) First!"

My sister got me today. I got a Happy May 1st text this morning, before I'd even have coffee. Watch out, Sissy. June is mine. ;)

I'm excited that it's May because that means summer's coming and I'm excited because it means Talon, the next book in Ronie Kendig's A Breed Apart Series, is officially out today!

Seriously, y'all. If you like romantic suspense and you haven't discovered this author yet, you're completely missing out.

Aspen Courtland, the heroine of the book, is someone readers of the first book in the series have already met. To be honest, while I liked her fine in Book 1, I was surprised my how much I utterly adored her character in this book. She's got depth, spunk, plenty of temper, and a romantic heart. What's not the like there? Seeing her spar (verbally and physically) with the hero was great and I loved the chemistry between the two of them. Sparks were practically flying off the pages of the book, I'm telling you.

The suspense in this book is excellent. The pacing is just right and I never felt like the more romantic scenes were rushed, but there was plenty of rapid machine gun fire and plenty of explosions to keep my heart pounding and keep me reading way (too) late into the night. The plot was complex and kept me guessing and trying to figure out how everything tied together.

Ronie Kendig, who I just started reading a couple of years ago when I read Digitalis (book 2 in an incredible series--read book 1 first!), is quickly becoming one of my top five favorite Christian fiction authors of all time. I loved her first series, and the main thought it my mind when I finished Talon a couple days ago was that she just keeps getting better.

The only bad news? I have to wait until next year for Book 3. But it'll be worth it. Check this one out, you'll be glad you did--even if it keeps you awake half the night like it did for me. =)








***I forgot that I'm supposed to tell you I received a complimentary copy of this book. I wasn't, however, required to post a review at all, and would never tell you a book was awesome if it wasn't. This one was. Trust me.***

No comments:

Post a Comment