This is written after Easter. I got caught up in the day, in celebrating the fact that Jesus really IS alive, that I forgot to post.
I also forgot to dye eggs. And hide eggs.
But you know what? I love all that stuff. But this year, it was about staying focused.
It was about driving to the Easter Sunrise service at my little church, two kids miraculously in the car before 6:40am, and watching the sunrise. It was about watching the day dawn and thinking to myself that 2,000 years ago, creation awoke the same way, with the Resurrection having just become a reality.
As I drove, I wondered how God viewed that morning. Did He rub His hands in silent anticipation as He saw the disciples awake, still depressed and confused about their Rabbi's death? Did He smile and say "Just wait...Wait and see..."?
I don't know. But I know He was eager for people to see, to understand, how He was writing Redemption's story as Jesus conquered death and defeated Satan for all time.
Did you hear that? For. All. Time.
The Resurrection is real. Jesus is alive.
How does that change you?
No comments:
Post a Comment