There
are some books that are so well crafted, their word pictures and themes so
carefully chosen and woven into the story that it’s difficult to write anything
in review that would do them justice. The
Wedding Dress by Rachel Hauck was that kind of story, the kind that left me
speechless and unable to say anything about it other than “It was beautiful. Go
read it.”
For
the sake of this review, I’ll try to find a way to explain the elements of the
book were so stunning, but in case my words fall short, as I suspect they will,
please know that it was beautiful. Go read it.
The
women in the novel are all from different walks of life, even different time
periods. They’re united by a wedding dress—one that is always in style, and
always fits its owner perfectly, no alterations required. As the story
progresses, the woman who currently owns the gown seeks to track down its
owners and in the process learns those women’s stories and comes to a more full
understanding of love and marriage.
Love
is a major theme in the book. God’s love, people’s love, its all there. The
faith elements are woven seamlessly into the story in a way that is natural and
unforced. I enjoyed and would rank it as one of my favorite romance books of
all time. It’s the kind of book that I’ll recommend to people over and over,
and much like Francine Rivers created a modern-day Christian classic in Redeeming Love, Rachel Hauck has done so
with The Wedding Dress.
I'm required to tell you that I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review (positive OR negative--depending on how I felt about the book). I loved it and would have told you if I didn't so opinions are certainly my own. ;)
I'm required to tell you that I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a review (positive OR negative--depending on how I felt about the book). I loved it and would have told you if I didn't so opinions are certainly my own. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment