Sunday, June 12, 2011

T-7 Days

It's official. I am now counting down to Alaska. Hurray!!!!

Good news--my dad seems to be doing well! He's out of the hospital and is just getting his strength back after doing nothing for two weeks. He wants to go to Alaska, the doctor sees no reason not to, and so it appears the trip is ON. I'm incredibly grateful to God for healing my Daddy AND for making this trip happen still (as of right now--still one doctor's appointment to see about first). My dad is the important part, but the trip is the icing on the cake. Yummy icing, but just icing, nonetheless.

So, just to remind you, I'm planning to blog during the majority of this trip. So picture me, with three other adults and a baby, in a 24 foot RV, typing witty (haha, we'll see) anecdotes about the things we're seeing and doing.

And pictures. There will be lots, and lots of pictures.

So stay tuned for that. And be prepared for a relatively quiet week here as I focus on making lists about what I need to be doing to get ready (and maybe some getting ready too).

And THANK YOU for sticking with me despite my posting inconsistency. At the risk of sounding like I'm making excuses (I'm a teacher, I've heard a lot), we moved several months ago and the internet company STILL has not gotten out to our house. But it's the south. We move on southern time. So I'm trying to go with it.

Hope your summer is going well! Exciting plans, anyone? Feel free to share!

PS: You'll note that "coffee" is tagged as a label for this post. No, I have not mentioned coffee (um, until now), but I'm at Starbucks. So there you go. Anyone know if I've posted something and NOT tagged coffee???

No comments:

Post a Comment