Saturday, September 6, 2014

Pre Conference Mixer!!

I'm taking an even longer pause (haha, sorry y'all!) in finishing my Alaska trip posts to participate in this fun mixer hosted by my friend Laurie! Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones at this year's ACFW conference!

Name: Sarah Varland
Location: Macon, GA
What you write/tagline/trademark: Romantic Suspense
Place in the book world: I got my first contract almost two years ago! That book,Treasure Point Secrets, came out in May. My next book comes out in October.
On a scale of hugger to 10-foot-pole, please rate your personal space: I'm definitely in favor of hugs. Especially if someone else initiates it and I don't have to stand there trying to decide if I should hug them or not. =)
The unique talking point that will get you going for hours: Books, Alaska, Kids, Football, and...pretty much anything. I like talking. I'm a weird introvert that way.
Loved ones at home you’ll be missing: My husband. My two adorable boys are supposed to come with me and hang out with my mom and mil in the hotel room and some fun kid friendly places around the city. 
Conference goals we can pray for? That I'll finish my full length romantic suspense before then! And then that I will pitch it well. 
Anything we can celebrate with you? Hopefully the completion of my latest manuscript. Haha, soon. ;)
One or two ways we can help you build your platform? Funny thing? To me the thing that encourages me the most platform-wise is when people comment on my blog. So doing that would be awesome! I post more when people comment. I'm so attention-needy like that. 

8 comments:

  1. Happy to comment. :) I think we all enjoy getting comments on our blogs. Looking forward to meeting you at the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah! My husband and I have been wanting to move to Alaska. More space. More relaxed lifestyle. Cooler temperature. I also write romantic suspense. I really hope we meet at conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope to meet you this year at ACFW.I am bringing my kids this year too, hopefully my husband will find lots of kid friendly things to do around St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this. I cannot wait to HUG YOU and meet those boys!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah! Congratulations on your upcoming release. Have you made any progress on your latest manuscript? Hope to meet you at ACFW! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Macon! I'm a Wesleyan alumna! Small world, isn't it?

    Congrats on your recent & upcoming releases. See you in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sarah! Congrats on your upcoming release. Hope to get a chance to meet you in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading more about you here, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete