Leaving Fruitland on the morning of Day 8 was bittersweet.
We are headed to Alaska, which is more exciting than I can express, so driving
away put us closer to that goal. But I
wished we could have stayed longer with the extended Foss family. We really all
just need to live in the same place again.
The drive was gorgeous
on Day 8. Well, gorgeous in between the parts that were utterly brown and
unremarkable. The streams in Oregon reminded me of the streams and rivers in
Alaska, with shallow, clear water glittering over the rocks. I could definitely
live in Oregon.
We stopped for coffee in Ellensberg, Washington. Are you
sensing a theme with our stops yet? It was good, although nothing has compared
to Laramie, Wyoming yet as far as coffee. The coffee here was good…It was a
fairly light espresso roast, it tasted like, with a hint of nuttiness. Maybe
more than a hint since John is allergic to nuts and showed some signs of a
possible small allergic reaction after drinking it.
Clearly I need more coffee this morning…
We stopped on the summit of Snoqualmie Pass and it was adorable. I could live here too. The mountain views, the coffee shops everywhere…I’m pretty sure God designed me for the Pac Northwest.
We stopped for the night past our original goal. We’d meant to stop in Snoqualmie, but couldn’t find an RV park. So we got a hotel in Marysville instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment