Monday, February 4, 2013

Books.

I love them. Books, that is.

This week I've been rekindling my love for reading. Not that it had un-kindled per se, but I confess...it had just gotten too easy to turn the TV on. And a loud TV is not conducive to reading.

So the other day when hubby commented that I don't seem to be reading as much lately, I decided I had to fix that.

This week I re-read The Princess by Lori Wick. Old, but good. I'm currently reading Key Witness by Christy Barritt. I'm planning to review that one when I'm done, so stay tuned!

In news about my books (okay, manuscripts, technically, since nothing's in book form YET...) I'm working on my next romantic suspense story that I plan to submit to Love Inspired, who is publishing my first romantic suspense later this year. This one is set in Alaska and I'm loving writing it. Not just because I love the setting. These characters are cracking me up too. I love the chemistry between them and the fact that it's not just all romance-lovey, but there's some teasing thrown in there.

My hubby and I worry about couples who are just gushy and never make fun of each other. Let's face it. When you know and love someone that much, there's lots to make fun of. Nicely. In love.

I have no backup for this, other than the fact that it works for us. So there you go. Take it or leave it. This isn't a marriage blog. ;)

Anyway, I'm loving the new story I'm writing and I'm really enjoying using Scrivener, an awesome writing program you can check out a free trial of at literatureandlatte.com

Totally not paid to say that by the way. Though I wish when my trial expired they'd give me a free copy of Scrivener. ;) At $45, it's worth it, though.

Speaking of other blogs. What are you favorites to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment