I'm over it, though. Not bitter at all. Although I do think I'm going to go make myself a nice, hot shot or two of espresso when I'm done typing this.
Yesterday our church went on what is becoming sort of an annual camping trip. Now let me clarify before I keep going. I love the people in my church. Really, I do. But you know we could all do a better job loving each other and really getting to know each other. That's part of the reason I love this camping trip. When we're all sitting around a campfire eating dinner and marshmellows and smores...actually, eating anything, I'm not the pastor's wife. That person over there? She's not just the pianist. That man's not just an elder. My hubby is not just the pastor. We're all just people. We can let go of all the labels we've stuck on each other and just get to know each other as people. It's a very casual camping trip. No devotionals or anything like that. Just fellowship.
Do you have people in your life you'd like to get to know better? How can you do that? Are you a camper? (I'd recommend waiting till it's warmer, maybe. Our group about froze to death...those that didn't have heaters. Seriously? Heaters on a camping trip?) Do you like coffeeshops? Do you hit the stores on Black Friday every year? Think of a way you can get people you'd like to know better into "neutral territory." Not the church, not your house (I'm not knocking hospitality, there's just a different dynamic there).
Ideas, anyone?
No comments:
Post a Comment